1-800-348-7705 contact@websterlawpa.com

If a motorist is stopped by the police for a traffic violation, such as speeding, police should issue a citation or a mere warning. The motorist is then free to leave unless the police have reason to believe there are, for example, drugs in the car. In that case, the police should get a search warrant. Mere suspicion is not enough for police to search the car and a motorist need not consent to a search.